The University releases the results of its undergraduate admissions process in January via UCAS Track. If you have been invited for interview, you will find out whether or not your application has been successful on 10th January 2023. This will be followed by a direct communication from the college considering your application. Please note that admissions decisions are under a strict embargo before the release date date and it is not possible to inform you earlier about an offer.
On or soon after the release of offers via UCAS Track, a short report will be published below, on this page. The report does not include any information about specific individuals but will contain general information and statistics from the recent round of undergraduate admissions. The report usually includes:
· Information about the number of candidates at each stage of the admissions process (application, shortlisting for interview and offer).
· The ‘success rate’ for applicants invited to interview and receiving and offer on each of our BA courses.
· A breakdown of applications by selected characteristics, including by gender, international students, open applications and applications for deferred entry.
· Information about the shortlisting procedure, interview process and decision making (much of this is already available in an answer on our FAQs page).
· Statistics relating to the GCSE grade profile of candidates at each stage of the admissions process (application, shortlisting for interview and offer).
· Statistics relating to the marks awarded for submitted written work of candidates at each stage of the admissions process (application, shortlisting for interview and offer).
· Statistics relating to the marks obtained on the Philosophy Test by BA Philosophy and Theology candidates at each stage of the admissions process (application, shortlisting for interview and offer).
Please note that statistics are correct at the time of publication and revised versions of the report may be published as necessary to amend or complete the data supplied.
In some cases, figures and statistics may be withheld to protect the privacy/anonymity of individuals within a small cohort or small group within a cohort.
You are advised to consult the information and statistics provided in the report to inform a contextualisation your own application and performance. Admitting Tutors consider each application individually and holistically, taking into consideration a far greater range of information and factors than can be represented in a limited collection of statistical analyses.
Applicants are able to request feedback on their own application from the college that has considered it. Feedback must be requested by 15th February in the year after the application was made. Please see this page of the University website for further details.