BA, MA (Oxon), BA (Dunelm), PhD (King’s College, London)
Justyn Terry is the Vice-Principal and Academic Dean at Wycliffe Hall. He previously served as Dean/President (Principal) of Trinity School for Ministry, Pittsburgh, USA, where he was also Professor of Systematic Theology. Before moving to the United States, Justyn was Curate of St John’s Hyde Park, and Vicar of St Helen’s, North Kensington in the Diocese of London. Prior to ordination, Justyn was a Physics teacher and then an International Marketing Manager in the Electronics Industry.
The Doctrine of Atonement, The Theology of Karl Barth, and Anglican Theology
- Due May 2021. The Five Phases of Leadership: An Overview for Christian Leaders, Revised and Expanded edition. Carlisle: Langham Publishing.
- 2016. The Five Phases of Leadership: An overview for Christian leaders. Ambridge, PA: Whitchurch Publishing
- 2013. The Wiley-Blackwell Companion to the Anglican Communion. Oxford: Wiley- Blackwell, Justyn was co-editor with Ian Markham, Barney Hawkins and Leslie Steffenson, and wrote chapters on ‘Theology in the Anglican Communion’ and ‘The Province of South East Asia’ for it.
- 2013. The Gospel according to Galatians: The Good News of Jesus Christ for a Secular Age. Blue Bell, PA: Classical Anglican Press
- 2007. The Justifying Judgement of God: a Reassessment of the place of Judgement in the Saving Work of Christ. Paternoster Theological Monograph, Paternoster Press. This is based on his PhD thesis.
- 2010. ‘Colin Gunton’s Doctrine of Atonement: Transcending rationalism by Metaphor’ in: The Theology of Colin Gunton. Ed. Lincoln Harvey, New York and London: T & T Clark/Continuum
- 1996. A sermon entitled, ‘Where to Worship God,’ was included in The Times Best Sermons of 1996, London: Cassell
- 2013. ‘The forgiveness of sins and the work of Christ: A case for substitutionary atonement’ Anglican Theological Review. Vol. 95, No. 1, Winter 2013, 9-24.
- 2010. ‘Leaning on the everlasting arms: a case for Christian assurance’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. IV, No. 1, Spring 2010, 99-111.
- 2008. ‘The Resurrection and the Uniqueness of Jesus Christ,’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. II, No. 2, Fall 2008, 95-109.
- 2008. ‘The Two Rival “Gospels” behind the current crisis in Anglicanism,’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. II, No. 1, Spring 2008, 96-106.
- 2007. ‘Keeping the Church Theologically Rigorous’ Trinity Journal for Theology and Ministry. Vol. I, Fall 2007, 16-22.
- 2005. ‘The Justifying Judgement of God,’ Anvil. Vol. 22, No. 1, 2005, 29-39.