*Deadline extended to 6th August 2017*
The Faculty of Theology and Religion welcomes interest from suitably qualified applicants in this year's British Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme, for awards to be taken up in September or October 2018. The scheme is designed to "offer opportunities for outstanding early career researchers to strengthen their experience of research and teaching in a university environment which will develop their curriculum vitae and improve their prospects of obtaining permanent lecturing posts by the end of the Fellowship."
Further details and guidance documents can be found on the British Academy website at:
This guidance is yet to be updated for the current round so details and dates are still to be confirmed.
How to Apply
Applicants applying to hold fellowships at the Faculty of Theology and Religion are asked to follow the steps listed below:
- Consider whether this is the best year for you to make the application. In the 2015/16 round the British Academy introduced a new resubmission rule. Applicants will only be able to resubmit the following year if they are invited to do so by the British Academy.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria. You must have/expect to have obtained your doctorate by 1 April 2018 and after 1 April 2015, and you must not have held a permanent academic post.
- Think about who your referee for the BA application will be. One referee, usually the external examiner, is required. Please consult the guidance issued by the BA.
- Identify and approach a potential Faculty mentor. Ask your mentor to write a reference for the Faculty, confirming that they would be happy to act in this role. References and any questions about them should be emailed to Alison Broadby, Head of Administration and Finance (email@example.com).
- Prepare and submit the internal Faculty of Theology and Religion BA PDF Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Sunday 6th August 2017.
- Your application will then be considered by a member of the Faculty's review panel for this scheme and further guidance will be sent to you.